Thank you very much, Travelling in My Bookcase, for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award! I appreciate it so very much, and I had not expected to be nominated for any awards so soon after the Liebster Award. Once again thank you for realizing that my blog exists!
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
How my blog started:
My whole life I had wanted to have a blog, where I’d post regularly, and while I did try many many times, I could never keep it up. That was until I finally found a purpose for my blog. In high school I realized how I never read any books anymore, while it had been my biggest hobby when I was younger. Therefore I wanted to try forcing back that reading passion of mine, and to motivate myself, I created this blog to keep track of my process. And it has definitely worked! I have written a much more detailed explanation of this here in my first ever post on Fighting Books.
Advice to new bloggers:
Honestly, I still think it is too early for me to be giving advice to people, but here we go anyways.
- As I mentioned above, it definitely helps to have a good purpose of your blog – also try to keep a theme in your posts. Having a specific theme both makes the blog more interesting for your followers, and a theme also gives you some guidelines to your blogging, so you won’t suddenly end up blogging about everything or nothing.
- Be patient – I sure have been. You won’t get followers right away, and it may seem strange to write posts to no one, but if you’re patient and consistent in your posting schedule and marketing, it will pay off in the end.
Most of these are people that I follow and enjoy on Instagram, so I thought I would share their blogs with the world. Obviously I haven’t nominated 15 people, but I didn’t want to just blindly pick blogs out.